Saturday, April 8, 2017

Last lament for Juliet

7/4-Juliet went out when I left (she has no friends left since all animals are deathly afraid of distemper and rabies) two days in a row. She came back at 4 pm yesterday but not today. I think she was preparing a place to die in peace. I have searched everywhere, in all the accessible storm drains.

My nearby best friend, G., asked me to let go and just be glad Julie brought so much joy to the house and finished what she came to do. To distract myself from agonizing over the puppy. After this I will.:)

I feel sorry for all Julie's friends, esp Rana (who'd hug her neck three times a day) and the other cats, & Sweetie, who looked after her like their baby. They're all grieving more than me.

The rogue males are probably celebrating because she had very strict puppy rules about how they should behave. Even the older dogs like Burp and Icy she thought should change and tried to correct them!

All puppies don't live forever. The first year is a challenge for all which is why breeders euthanize the last three or four that are born regardless so that the first two have a better chance (more mother's milk). Maybe this is why humans interfere so much in animal husbandry.

Juliet was probably the runt of her litter, going by her extraordinary empathy - they make up in intelligence what they lack in strength.

Two nights ago when I was healing Stripes' kitten, she came up and licked the kitten's mucusy nose much to both of our surprise.

Now I'm even more astonished at her generosity because she must have already been quite sick. Her shivering and tremors began soon after.

Juliet never developed adult teeth. She grew big like a Great Dane puppy (probably a mix), an acromegaly characteristic, but stayed a puppy mentally.- Bufo picture  describes it correctly. Distemper is foremost teething trouble and from growing too fast.

All I regret is not treating for shock after the bite. (The vaccine would anyway have been too late - I got home 3 hours later. Viruses according to germ theory are known to spread from the instant of contract.)

I've seen from both accidents and other distemper dogs that the shock the liver stores is the only danger, not the injury. It would release it at some point.  For Julie it was on the solar cycle's liver period on the spine.

It showed up 18 days after the bite, 6 days after the new solar cycle started. The *same* day last solar cycle a kitten died, Stripes' fifth. A few cycles back, Gunda died on the *same* solar day 9 (Jul-Aug 2016) ...wtf is going on?? there must be a coronal hole or a standing wave effect).

There's also a chance it was an aggravation of Nat Sulph (thunderstorm asthma, aggr. before wet weather) which they've drawn on sol 3, 5, 6 this cycle. But the chance is small - it wouldn't have lasted so long.

I hope she comes back. I hope she's not gone to die. Or already dead.:(

I've said my piece now I do my best to let life go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment